Emerson; EGS Electrical Group, Chicago IL
EGS Electrical Group is a division of Emerson Industrial Automation, a business segment of Emerson Electric Company. Emerson Electric Company is a major multinational corporation which provides engineering services and products for a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets. Emerson has annual sales of $24 Billion.
Manufacturing Business Analyst (2010 – Current)
- Improving and designing Oracle manufacturing and supply chain business processes.
- Designing and testing RICE (Report, Interface, Conversions, Extension) components.
- Completed Oracle R12 implementation at 6 domestic and international organizations.
- Manufacturing implementation lead for primary WIP production facility.
- Designed and configuring global RBAC based user security model.
- Designed and configured outbound payment system (Check/EFT).
- Designed Oracle data extraction model where few XML extracts are leveraged to drive many BI Publisher templates, significantly reducing development resource requirements and development cycles, and allowing astounding IT agility.
Independent Contractor, Chicago IL
Provided small business and information technology consulting services in Chicago Illinois.
Consultant (2009 – 2010)
- Implemented and maintained small business technology infrastructure.
- Designed and presented small business marketing and business processes.
United States Gypsum Corporation, Chicago IL
USG is the world’s leading producer of gypsum wallboard, joint compound, ceiling suspension systems, and a vast array of related products for the construction and remodeling industries. USG had $4.6 Billion in sales in 2008.
Supply Planner (2007 – 2008)
- Supported and improved Oracle planning system and processes.
- Acted as a liaison between Logistics and technical development team.
- Developed functional specification documents and tracked defects.
- Reduced safety stock and inventory target calculation time by 90%.
- Reduced inventories up to 50% without reducing customer satisfaction.
- Improved inventory practices, resource utilization, on-time delivery.
- Facilitated manufacturing plan execution and configuration.
- Validated production and purchasing recommendations.
- Investigated causes of manufacturing plan failures.
- Coordinated cross-functional issue resolution.
- Responsible for planning data integrity.
- Validated plant level safety stocks, item setups, and forecasts.
- Supported plant Supply Chain Managers, planners, and purchasers.
- Created metrics, reports, and tools used in the planning process.
- Monitored Oracle service requests (SRs) with Oracle Metalink and My Oracle Support.
Manufacturing Automation Implementation Coordinator (2007)
- Managed implementation of label application and transaction system.
- Successful, on-time, and under budget implementation.
- Coordinated plant, vendor, IT, and corporate project manager efforts.
- Provided on-site training and support.
- Automated system successfully used to reduce labor costs.
- Gained knowledge of PLCs, HMIs, and manufacturing networks.
Oracle ERP Integration Analyst (2006 – 2007)
- Present at five manufacturing plant implementations.
- Successful multi-org Oracle 11.5.9 ERP implementation.
- Trained 200+ end-users, supervisors, managers, and trainers.
- Dramatically improved inventory and invoice accuracy
- Increased on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for production process improvement, training, & support.
- Improved WIP Flow process at wallboard/panel and textures plants.
- Improved WIP Discrete process at ceiling grid, tile, and slit steel plants.
- Redesigned MDIS and Oracle production reconciliation process.
- Created business process workflow diagrams.
- Developed and led classroom and one-on-one training.
- Designed steel physical inventory tool.
- Ensured accurate production and procurement recommendations.
- Responsible for network, Zebra barcode printer, & middleware support.
- Supported LXE handheld and vehicle computers and barcode scanners.
- Trained and supported MSCA (Mobile Supply Chain Applications).
- Led an enhancement project from start to finish.
- Provided secondary support for many SCM Modules.
General Electric Aviation, Cincinnati OH
GE – Aviation is the world’s leading producer of large and small jet engines for commercial and military aircraft. The company also supplies aircraft-derived engines for marine applications and provides aviation services.
Supply Chain Process Consultant (2006)
- Developed a process to forecast long-term material requirements
- Facilitated meetings with suppliers and GE departments
- Delivered prototype MRP tool for use with airfoil procurement.
Intern at Supply Chain Planning and Logistics (2 sessions; 2005)
- Responsible for maintaining weekly metrics
- Provided data analysis to the GE Aviation SCM team.
- Created a finite level loading analysis tool.
- Balanced production resource utilization.
- Improved and documented methods for retrieving/manipulating data.
- Developed Six Sigma knowledge during Six Sigma Green Belt training.
Brother Bear’s Coffee, Dayton OH
Local Dayton coffee bean roaster specializing in premium fair trade organic coffee.
Business Process Consultant (2006)
- Led an Entrepreneurship Senior Consulting Project team of four.
- Redesigned business processes to increase profitability.
- Design and implemented a Microsoft Access based ERP system.
- Created and trained order, inventory, and production entry processes.
- Created a database driven website.
- Constructed a high level marketing plan.
- Improved financial record keeping and processes.
PAVE Technologies, Dayton OH
Manufacturer of hermetic electrical and fiber optic bulkhead feed through cable connector seals for pressure or vacuum.
Microsoft Access Consultant (2005 – 2006)
- Enhanced a quality assurance tracking Microsoft Access database.
- Developed a tolerance tracking Microsoft Access Database.
- Trained and supported data entry and reporting capabilities.
University of Dayton Dining Services, Dayton OH
University of Dayton hospitality and food services department.
Website Administrator (2004 – 2006)
- Developed database driven website.
- Website included survey submission and statistical report generation.
- Removed need to aggregate data and produce reports/charts manually.
Best Buy, Akron OH
National consumer electronics retailer.
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (2001 – 2003)
- Cheerfully interacted with customers, providing a positive customer experience.
- Transacted customer returns, exchanges, purchases, and credit applications.